- Skill Level
- Sample Certificate
- Sample Certificate
What you'll learn
Arrhythmia is an area of cardiology often feared by generalists. This is the most commonly encountered cardiac abnormality globally and is one of the major cause of mortality and morbidity. It is affecting 2% of the general population and rising to 10% of those aged over 80 years. One in four individuals will experience arrythmias in their lifetime. Arrhythmia’s might be related to the inconsistent terminology used in different centers and countries; or perhaps because the most basic tool of diagnosis, the electrocardiogram (ECG), can at times seem the most dangerous.read more »»
Key concepts covered include:
An overview on
- Learn an organized approach towards correctly diagnosing the most commonly encountered arrhythmias on ECG.
- Understand the main bradyarrhythmias; distinguish ECG features of various forms of sinus node dysfunction and AV block
- Learn different ways of classifying tachyarrhythmias.
- List the causes of broad QRS tachycardia and learn to recognize them on ECG.
- Learn the main causes of narrow QRS tachycardia and the clues to ECG diagnosis for the same.
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS), 2018
- Certified Electrophysiology Specialist (CEPS-A), International Board
of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE), 2014
He is an experienced cardiologist and electrophysiologist with considerable experience over the past 12 years in both rhythm disorders and interventional cardiology. He completed his cardiology training from the internationally renowned Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore, India where he also did his internal medicine residency as well as undergraduate medical school. He have previously worked as teaching faculty (Associate Professor) in the Department of Cardiology,CMC, Vellore, for four years (2008-12). He was the recipient of the international Dr. Thomas Peter Menteeship in cardiac electrophysiology in 2010. From 2012 to 2015, He was part of the division of Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Heart Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, USA where he completed an accredited